Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2021

"I wish I am rich"

Some of my friends wish so almost every single day. They have a lot of burdens-- nursing homes, baby, and even basic fix expenditures like electricity and water.

I am very, very fortunate and earn enough to not worry about this on a day-to-day basis. Being single and alone, that is not unusual. I will most definitely pay the cost towards my elder years... whether it is in the form of emotional currency, I am not sure. Guess I deal with it when it comes.

The last time I wish I was rich, was when I was out with my mum at the shopping mall. That was some years ago, way before COVID affected our lives.

I could remember exactly the spot which it happen.

As my mum was inspecting the (slightly) overpriced clothings at the bazaar, a distracted elderly woman was struggling to communicate with someone on her Whatsapp. I happen to glance in the direction because I saw a photo of a family, gathered around an elderly man, lying on a hospital bed.

The follow up text she wrote was:

"Doctor say that his prognosis is not ideal"

If I have been very very rich, I would immediately dispense a small fortune to her at will, so as to get her to quit her job and spend more time with, probably, her father. That, was the only episode in my life, that I wish I was rich.

My life has so far been blessed, but sooner or later, I would have to deal with death and difficulties within my own household. And by then, I wish I would have the millions to quit my job on the whim. I hope this good fortune of mine last as long as I deserve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Apr 2024 Portfolio Update (Hong Kong Recovery, Cordlife Teaser)

Don't ask me why there is a shoe missing. Maybe it reflects a missed opportunity on Anta Sports.. Topics Discussed: -Recovery of Hong Ko...