Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Sep 2022 Portfolio Update

As of end of trading 30-Sep-2022,

S&P 500 Index Fund: -12.44%-> -19.23% (a drop of 6.79%)

Hong Kong Tracker Fund: -9.9% -> -19.48% (drop of 9.58%!!)

Straits Times Index Fund: 6.61% -> 3.17% (drop of merely 3.44)

My portfolio: -9.12% -> -15.13% (drop of 6.01%)

Transactions made:

Increase of modest amount of Central China Real Estate due to reducing prices. Unfortunately the market price of CCRE fell from my purchase price of 0.4 HKD to currently 0.315. The selldown was relentless.

Speculative purchase of token amounts of Fraser Hospitality Trust. I am currently down about 10% from this position. It was stupid.

Average down on Fushouyuan Holdings at 4.46. The price is at multi-year low. If earnings power were to hold, the cash yield is approximately 7%. I should have started my purchase at this price tbh.

Purchase in a significant number of T-Bills (BS22119T ) for my parents. These are for 6 months and it is said that next month's Singapore Saving Bonds would be roughly this yield.

Commentary
Life have not been treating my family well this month. 

As soon as she was cleared of the suspect tumor in the pancreas, my mum have developed new a migraine which she could hear sounds when the ache pulses. I deeply hope this is temporarily.

As the doctor probed about if there is anything weighing on her mind, my mum started to teared in the room... I was hinted to leave the room so that she could open up to the doctor. I guess my mum opened up to her freely and the visit ended after another 20 minutes. The doctor merely mention that we need to monitor her headache and to spend more time with her as a family.

It isn't a sight that I could take very well... I have to admit that I am one of the most boring and passive person you could meet. I am poor at consoling or comforting someone... basically I am poor at dealing with human beings.

I digressed... let me revert to the topic of investing.

For someone who bothers with absolute performance, this isn't a great time. However, I lean towards the relative side-- if the indices were to do badly, my portfolio is not going to go unscathed. No ship could stay still in a storm.

All we could do is the wait patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Apr 2024 Portfolio Update (Hong Kong Recovery, Cordlife Teaser)

Don't ask me why there is a shoe missing. Maybe it reflects a missed opportunity on Anta Sports.. Topics Discussed: -Recovery of Hong Ko...