Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Special Dividends from Chuan Hup

Many shareholders, like myself, are pleased with the dividends from CH.
Unlike others, I would not claim to possessing any special foresight-- CH is just a company that was slightly out of favor, pays a decent dividend in the past. It is also the only reason why I have included it in my mother's portfolio. So I am just a recipient of incredible luck. I held this stock for well over 200 days.

Another company that was in the modest little portfolio is Teckwah which I have already sold. The problems are no longer there. This little portfolio only contains a few thousand dollars worth of Chuan Hup and Comfortdelgro. The latter has problems but that does not include paying dividends.

Based on time weighted returns, this portfolio beats the index handily, returning 31.38% over ES3's 21.3%.

You can have very decent results from buying based on book value and shareholder-friendly management

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Update on the Cordlife idea

I know I am supposed to be releasing an idea on Cordlife since my teaser post last week. However, in between drafts, the company has been po...