Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

November 2022 Portfolio Update

 As of end of trading 29-Nov-2022,

S&P 500 Index Fund: -15.43% -> -13.77%

Hong Kong Tracker Fund: -29.32% -> -17.22% (huge improvement in 1 month)

Straits Times Index Fund: 0.92%  -> 8.24% (such optimism had nearly gone unnoticed)

My portfolio: -21.48% -> -18.17% (not much improvement)

Transactions:

1) Increase in T-Bills purchase for my mum

2) Modest increase in OKP

3) Modest increase in Alibaba (9988).

Commentary:

Portfolio lagged against indices this month, particularly Hong Kong. This is because much of the holdings are in Central China holdings-- which did not receive as much optimistic buy-ins as compared to its bigger, more well-known peers. I believe the boost in prices came from buy-ins from Chinese investors, and Central China positions are taken off stock-connect some time back.

I am more concern with my family life, as my mum suffered a huge episode of high blood sugar, and had to be sent to the hospital. She was warded in high dependency ward and subsequently in a normal ward. I spent the first day largely sleepless, as the hospital called in every couple of hours to report status; a blood test here, an urgent procedure next, and so on.

Now mum is safely back home. But life would never be the same again. Before this, we were much more careless with high glucose readings. Dosage has been raised, but readings remain stubbornly high. Luckily we are visiting the diabetes doctor next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Update on the Cordlife idea

I know I am supposed to be releasing an idea on Cordlife since my teaser post last week. However, in between drafts, the company has been po...