Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Portfolio Commentary: December

SPDR STI Index Fund
Start of Year: 3.48
Today: 3.095 (excluding dividend of  0.113)
Returns: -7.816%

Tracker Fund of HK
Start of Year: 30.05
Today:  25.85 (excluding dividend of 0.16)
Returns: -13.44%

My Little Portfolio: 3.6%

Transactions made: Large increase in PC Partner, which I will make some notes of later.

Size of portfolio has lightly increased since Nov, but extremely volatility brought portfolio value much, much lower.

Just one week ago, the overall time-weighted returns is 11.57%. Almost 8% has been shed in a matter of a week, 5.71% in 4 days. PC Partner is the main reason for this heavy decline. In a matter of a week, the price of PC Partner plunged from 2.57 to 1.76. This is a fall of 32% in one week.

PC Partner started off the year of 2018 at 3.67 HKD. It went as high up as 7.55 HKD (that is a 100% increase). The decline pretty much started on 18-July-2018, at 7.08 HKD. That is a plunge of 75.4% in a space of 5 months.

I was speechless as the stock was sold down in no less than 5% daily. The most disconcerting of this issue is that insiders did not make any purchases, and neither were any company-related announcements made. There are a few bright spots in this company, but I am well aware of its less-than-perfect balance sheet, and largely cyclical earnings over its 8 year of listed financial records. A court hearing will commence in early Feb, and earnings visibility of its product, taking up a huge space in its inventory, will be much clearer then.

Time will only tell if I made a huge mistake as PC Partner isn't my typical stock.

Just today, some idiot decided to sell TTJ at a 10% discount, although only 4000 shares is involved. I lost count of the number of times a stock in my portfolio has lost 10% this week.

Maybe this is why value investing is so hard? I wish there is some known problem with the company, but there wasn't any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Short Update on the Cordlife idea

I know I am supposed to be releasing an idea on Cordlife since my teaser post last week. However, in between drafts, the company has been po...